Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/customer/www/joshuaalbaneseblog.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 98
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/customer/www/joshuaalbaneseblog.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/digg-digg/digg-digg.php on line 98
The bell just rang in my airplane letting me know its ok to use my electronic portable devices. I opened up my laptop to update my blog and this was the first thing that came to my head.
Top Ten Reason why I wont be attend WPPI next year.
10. The convention walkway isn’t close to anything. If you stay in the MGM it might be quicker if you stayed at the Tropicana and just drove with a rental car.
9. The MGM isn’t smoke free and it does stink at times. I don’t mind smoke but after awhile it can get very nauseating.
8. Too many classes overlapped. 3 times a day for classes and 9 classes to choose from each time of a day. The most you could complete was 3 out of 27 per day. Not a very good ratio.
7. Most class descriptions were vague so finding a class you might like was mostly based off people who knew the speaker.
6. It was over crowded. 11,000 registered Photographers for the trade show! 3,000 for the classes.
5. Trade Show was in 2 buildings and required you to walk outside to enter the other building. Just a little weird that’s all.
4. Almost every photographer offered “tastings” but really wanted you to buy there products. One photographer I respect even fibbed about the photoshopped techniques I know they used.
3. The classes were so big that whatever new information you received 200-1000 other people will be doing the same thing.
2. You had to pay extra for spotlight classes on top of the regular registration. Come on! How much money do we have to spend? Also the spotlight classes overlapped the regular classes so forget getting to see any other classes.
1. Networking happened only between the hours of 10pm to 4am. Not a problem if I didn’t have to wake up at 7 am to make an 8 am class the next day.
Overall I rate my experience a 3/10 at WPPI. The only thing that made it worth it was the amount of vendors. Next time I will save my money and spend $10 on a tradeshow pass.